Thursday, February 5, 2015

Is Waist Training a Waste of Time?

I'm sure some of you have heard about "waist training". 

You wear a waist trainer (which is essentially just a fancy name for a corset) for a few hours a day and apparently, according to many believers, your waist begins to magically shrink and your posture improves.




It claims to "Turn your body into a heated, fat-melting machine"! Hmmm. Maybe because you can't breathe?

It even claims to "Flatten back fat and rolls"! Yes, maybe while you're wearing it!  

Honestly, ladies, are we that gullible? I didn't know we were still in the Elizabethan times here. 

Many celebrities have adopted this new craze and swear by it so I decided to do some research and find out for myself.

I have worn corsets in the past as part of Halloween costumes and such, but I have never considered it to be some sort of magical garment that will melt away the fat and inches.

After much poking around I discovered, not surprisingly, that for the most part all it does is restrict your ability to eat while you are wearing it, makes it difficult to breathe, and squeezes your ribs and organs to the point of potentially causing serious internal damage. 

Once you remove this so-called "waist trainer",  your waist will plop right back out to its original form, just like when you open a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. End of story.

Don't waste your money. I have an even better solution below that's not only been tried and tested, but it's also FREE!!! 

Planks
Crunches
Portion control











No comments: